(Last updated on 03/03/2011)
COMPANY administers and manages third parties’ social networking pages, such as their Facebook pages, and among other things, helps them offer you games and other Applications. Such third parties are referred to herein as “Subscriber Clients.”
7084 MIRAMAR ROAD, #300
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA 92121
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER TERMS HEREOF:
1. COMPANY WILL DISCLOSE ANY AND ALL INFORMATION ABOUT OR RELATED TO YOU TO THE SUBSCRIBER CLIENT(S) WHOSE SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES YOU JOIN (“ACCEPTED SUBSCRIBER CLIENTS”).
COMPANY may gather and store information about you in any one or more of the ways listed below:
Automated Information Collection and Cookies
When you access our websites or play our games or use our Applications, COMPANY collects certain technical information as set forth herein and/or in order to:
1. Manage advertising;
2. analyze the usage of our sites and services, which allows us to improve them; and
3. provide a more personalized experience.
We (and third party contractors acting on our behalf, such as Google Analytics) may employ server log files and tracking technologies to collect and study technical information, including: cookies, IP addresses, browser types, browser language, referring and exit pages, URLs, platform types, the quantity of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, the order of those pages viewed, how much time is spent on particular pages, game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games/Applications, and other similar information. In some cases, we will link this information to your user ID number for our internal use.
We may also employ other technologies including:
1. web beacons, which allow us to determine whether an e-mail was opened or whether a certain web page was visited;
2. tracking pixels, which we use to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current users from certain promotional messages or identifying the source of a new installation; and
3. local shared objects commonly called “flash cookies,” which help us to prevent fraud, and store your in-game settings for features like music and to track your progress on certain in-game/Application tasks.
Your web browser can warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer, or limit the type of cookies you allow, if you set it up to do so. However, please be aware of something - flash cookies work in a different manner than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. For more information about managing flash cookies, and how you can visit and make changes in the privacy settings panel, please feel free to visit Adobe.com. IF YOU DISABLE COOKIES, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOME OF THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF PLAYING OUR GAMES OR USING OUR APPLICATIONS WILL BE LOST, AS COMPANY COOKIES ARE NECESSARY TO TRACK AND ENHANCE YOUR GAME/APPLICATION ACTIVITIES.
Information about Uses and Users
When used herein, an “SNS” means a Social Networking Site administered by a third party, such as Facebook or Mypace.
When you play one of our games or use one of our Applications, COMPANY collects and stores certain profile information that you directly provided, or that you provided through the SNS or other third party website on which our game(s) or Application(s) is/are offered. COMPANY also collects information about your play and interaction with other players/users and the Service. Much of this information is collected and stored using what are called “web logs,” which is a term for files located on our web servers that record actions taken on our games, Applications and websites.
You may be able to participate in certain activities on our websites or games or other Applications that will let you communicate or share information with COMPANY, and also with other users of our Service. These include:
1. sending private messages or invitations to other users, either directly on our websites or to their e-mail accounts;
2. participating in player forums and message boards;
3. chatting with other users;
4. posting public comments to other users' profiles or gameboards; and
5. posting photos.
Archives of these communications may be stored on COMPANY'S servers to protect the safety and well being of our users, as well as the rights and property of COMPANY. You acknowledge and consent to the recording and storage of such communications for these purposes.
We may also collect or receive information from other sources such as:
1. other COMPANY users who upload their own email contacts; and
2. third party information providers.
This information will be used to supplement your profile - mainly to help you and your friends connect - and will be combined with other information we collect.
COMPANY may collect and store information from you directly, as described below, each time you interact with COMPANY directly, either through a COMPANY game or Application (whether or not on an SNS), or any COMPANY-owned website.
If we offer direct registration with COMPANY, you will be required to provide at least the following information:
1. a password and other information that helps us verify that it is in fact “you” accessing your account;
2. your first and last names;
3. your age or date of birth (for age screening and/or to know who our users are); and
4. your e-mail address (which must be valid).
COMPANY may also offer you the option to complete a user profile that is accessible to other COMPANY users. If it does so, your user profile may include:
1. a COMPANY user ID number, created by COMPANY and used to identify your profile;
2. a profile photo;
3. one or more game or Application username(s);
4. whether you are male or female;
5. your interests and hobbies and job;
6. personal history information that you provide;
7. details about the games you play or Applications you use; and
8. links to your profiles on various SNS.
NOTE: If COMPANY offers you a user profile option: (1)the COMPANY user ID number used to identify your account and profile will be public and will appear in the URL of your profile page, but will only permit access to information that is considered “public” or that you have designated as “public” in your settings; (2)Your first and last names and profile picture are considered "public" on COMPANY websites that offer direct access to COMPANY games or Applications; and search engines may track and display this publicly available information; and (3)When COMPANY offers profiles, it will also offer the option to opt-out of public indexing of your public profile information.
Whenever you use any COMPANY Application at an SNS, you allow COMPANY to obtain certain information from your profile for that site. You can change and learn more about these settings at the SNS where you play our games or otherwise use or access our Applications. The information you allow COMPANY to obtain may be different for different Applications and SNS platforms, and is impacted by the privacy settings established by you at the SNS. By way of example, and depending on what you have allowed, the SNS and your preferences, COMPANY may access and store some, or all of the following:
1. the user ID numbers for your friends that are also connected to our game(s) or other Applications;
2. the login e-mail you provided to that SNS when you registered;
3. your first and last name;
4. whether you are male or female;
5. your birthday;
6. your profile picture or its URL;
7. your user ID number, which is linked to publically available information such as name and profile photo; and
8. your physical location and that of your access devices.
If you use a mobile phone or other mobile device to play COMPANY games or use/access COMPANY Applications, we will collect your unique device identifier and may collect your:
1. telephone number;
2. country, and
3. other information you choose to provide, such as user name, character name, location or e-mail address (i.e., to receive updates about the game or Applications).
When you ask for help from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the following:
1. information about your game play, Application use and activity on the Service and your user ID number; and
2. contact information you provide (generally your name and e-mail address).
We will also store any correspondence/communications and any information contained within.
On each occasion that you enter any game, promotion, contest, incentive, sweepstakes or loyalty program associated with a COMPANY Subscriber Client, we receive and store the information you provide, for example - a user ID number or valid e-mail address or street address.
Promotions that offer prizes will have their own eligibility requirements and other rules, which you should carefully review before deciding whether to enter.
When you access our websites or play our games or use our Applications, we collect the following items through server log files and tracking technologies:
1. usage statistics about your interactions with our websites, games, and Applications; and
2. certain technical information about your computer system.
This information is gathered to collect and analyze certain types of technical information including cookies. Some of the cookies the Service places on your computer are linked to your user ID number(s).
Generally speaking, COMPANY collects, stores and makes use of your information to enhance your experience. For example, COMPANY may collect, store and use your information in any one or more of the manners set forth below:
1. to provide technical support and respond to user questions;
2. to provide such information to any Accepted Subscriber Client(s);
3. to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and enforce COMPANY’S Terms of Service;
4. to provide users with notice of in-game or Application updates;
5. to provide in-game leader boards and promote in-game player achievements;
6. to register your COMPANY account and allow you to play COMPANY games or use COMPANY Applications;
7. to administer games or Applications and improve them;
8. to identify and suggest connections with other COMPANY users;
9. to enable user-to-user communications;
10. to communicate regarding new and current games or Applications;
11. to solicit input and feedback to make COMPANY products and services better, and customize your user experience;
12. to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
13. to notify users about new products or promotional offers; and
14. to study user traffic and trends, and also to gather statistical information.
COMPANY also uses your information for communication. If you provide your e-mail address to COMPANY, COMPANY will use it:
1. to keep you informed regarding your in-game activity, including comments from friends, notifications about in-game status as well as notifications of gift and neighbor requests; and
2. to respond to customer support inquiries.
We may also send promotional e-mail messages ("Promotional Communications") directly or in partnership with third parties. If you’d like to stop receiving Promotional Communications, you can do so by taking the following measures:
1. by changing your preferences; or
2. following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the Promotional Communication you receive.
Please note that we may still send you administrative messages regarding COMPANY games or Applications despite your email preferences, such as for example, administrative confirmations, and notices of updates to our Policies. For more information on your messaging options see "Options Regarding Messaging And Sharing" below.
We will share your information (in some cases personal information) with third parties aside from COMPANY, as follows:
Friends and Other COMPANY Players
In various COMPANY games or Applications, other players will be able to see your game name or pseudonym and a game profile. Your game profile may include your profile photo, which may also reveal your User ID number and allow others to view the public information associated with your related SNS account.
As stated above, we will share your information with Accepted Subscriber Clients whose social networking pages you subscribe to.
Advertising of Third-Party Products and Services
We do not actively share personal information with third party advertisers for their own direct marketing purposes absent your consent. If we wish to share in this fashion, we will request your consent. HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THAT ADVERTISERS CAN STILL OBTAIN PUBLIC INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM YOUR PROFILE OR OTHER PUBLIC SOURCES. ALSO, PLEASE RECALL THAT TO THE EXTENT ANY ACCEPTED SUBSCRIBER CLIENTS CAN BE CONSIDERED “THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS,” YOU HAVE CONSENTED TO OUR SHARING OF ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION WITH THE SUBSCRIBER CLIENTS WHOSE SOCIAL NETWORKING PAGES YOU JOIN.
Company may use and disclose to third parties certain technical information (including IP addresses) or aggregated information to show general demographic and preference information among COMPANY users. COMPANY may also allow advertisers to collect technical or aggregated information, which may be shared with us, using tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons.
The information collected may, if desired by COMPANY, then be used to offer you targeted ad-selection and delivery in order to personalize your experience by ensuring that advertisements offered to you may appeal to you, a practice commonly referred to as “behavioral advertising,” and for web analytics (i.e. to analyze traffic and other end user activity to improve your experience). For more information regarding behavioral advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising for participating ad networks, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website.
Third Party Service Providers
COMPANY will provide your information to third party companies so they can perform services for COMPANY. By way of example, such third parties may provide COMPANY with data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing services. COMPANY will instruct such third party service providers to keep information disclosed to them about you confidential, and only to use your information to provide services on COMPANY's behalf and for no other purpose.
Sale or Merger
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of your private online communications, may be accessed and disclosed:
1. Where COMPANY believes the COMPANY games, Applications or web sites are being used in connection with or in the commission of a crime (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction);
2. As required by applicable law or in response to legal process (for example, in response to a court order, search warrant or subpoena); or when COMPANY has a good faith belief that it is required to disclose the information in response to legal process or by law;
4. When COMPANY has a good faith belief that there is an emergency that threatens your safety, or the safety of others; and/or
5. As necessary to protect COMPANY’s rights and property, to enforce COMPANY’s Terms of Service or so COMPANY can provide services you request.
Information Received by COMPANY from A Third-Party SNS Where You play a COMPANY Game or use A COMPANY Application
If you play our games or use our Applications at a third-party SNS, COMPANY will be able to access and store profile and other information about you as described above. The categories of information you share with COMPANY will depend, in part, on the privacy settings you have chosen at the SNS where you access the Application. Many SNS’ will allow you to control how you share information with third-party applications and websites, such as COMPANY games or Applications, through your privacy settings on each SNS.
Please note that COMPANY does not control the privacy settings those sites have, so please consult the privacy policies that are posted on those sites to learn what your options are. COMPANY does not offer an "opt out" choice for specific fields that are shared by the SNS where you access and play the game(s) or use the Applications.
Promotional Communications – Opting Out
COMPANY allows you to “opt out” of (or not receive) receiving additional promotional e-mails from COMPANY by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link. Once COMPANY receives your request, it may take additional time for your opt-out to become effective. However, your request to “unsubscribe” will be processed promptly, and in no event over 10 business days.
When you install COMPANY Applications on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which can be stopped by modifying your mobile device settings for notifications.
Note that if you opt-out of our Promotional Communications, COMPANY may still e-mail or communicate with you from time to time as needed to provide you with information or to request information from you with respect to a transaction initiated by you or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons.
Our websites, games and Applications are not intended for those younger than 18 years old. As such, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from those younger than 18 years old. Children under the age of 18 should not use our websites, Applications or games at any time. If COMPANY learns that it has inadvertently gathered personal information from anyone under 18, it will take reasonable steps to promptly delete such information from COMPANY records.
Information Received by COMPANY From an SNS Where You Play Our Games or Use Our Applications
COMPANY receives information about you from the SNS’s where you play our games or use our Applications. You will need to follow the instructions at that site for updating your information and changing your privacy settings to manage the information.
Let’s take Facebook as an example. On Facebook, you can edit your privacy settings.
Other Methods of Accessing and Controlling your Information
1. If you don’t want COMPANY to make active use of your information, you may send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, Place "Delete My Account," and please also include the following in the body of the email: your first name, last name, e-mail address and user ID number for the SNS from which you access our games or use our Applications (if applicable). We will reply to your request within thirty (30) days. Certain records, such as those pertaining to customer service matters, will be retained for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent or posted content on the Service or any games or Applications, we may not be able to delete it.
2. If you want to review or change the information COMPANY has about you, e-mail us at email@example.com.
COMPANY has enacted reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information both online and offline, and is committed to the protection of your information.
If COMPANY offers user accounts, the following will apply:
1. Your profile information will be protected by the password each member uses to access their online account. It crucial that you protect and maintain the security of your account (if offered by COMPANY) and that you immediately notify COMPANY of any unauthorized use of any such account.
2. If you forget the password to your COMPANY account, the website will allow you to ask for instructions to be sent to you that explain how to reset your password.
3. When you sign into your account the transmission of that information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology ("SSL").
DESPITE COMPANY’S PRECAUTIONS AGAINST POSSIBLE SECURITY BREACHES OF OUR WEBSITES AND OUR CUSTOMER DATABASES AND RECORDS, NO WEBSITE OR INTERNET TRANSMISSION IS TOTALLY SECURE, AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, DATA LOSS, OR OTHER BREACHES WILL NEVER OCCUR. COMPANY urges you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), and to log out of your account after use. If your SNS account is hacked, this may lead to unauthorized play of your COMPANY games or unauthorized use of COMPANY Applications, so be careful to keep your account information secure. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure. ALTHOUGH WE STRIVE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF YOUR DATA WHILE IT IS BEING TRANSMITTED TO OUR SITE; ANY TRANSMISSION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Once COMPANY receives your information, it has procedures and security features in place to endeavor to prevent unauthorized access.
We may also place notices in our games, Applications, and on other COMPANY websites. You should periodically check http://www.socialups.com/privacy and this privacy page for updates.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure, usually by "opting in" to receive information from a third party that is participating in a sweepstakes or other promotion on one of our sites. PLEASE RECALL THAT TO THE EXTENT ANY ACCEPTED SUBSCRIBER CLIENTS CAN BE CONSIDERED “THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS,” YOU HAVE CONSENTED TO OUR SHARING OF ANY OF YOUR INFORMATION WITH THE SUBSCRIBER CLIENTS WHOSE SOCIAL NETWORKING PAGES YOU JOIN.
In certain jurisdictions, users have a right to access personal information held about them. Any such rights of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable law. Please email any requests for access to your personal data to email@example.com.
Our websites, Applications and games may contain advertisements from third parties aside from COMPANY with their own websites. COMPANY is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites or third parties. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.